Sunday, January 18, 2009

A short walk with Merlin

I should probably call this an evening with Merlin. First, I tried to practice the cello. I haven't done this much lately and had forgotten how much Merlin hates it. I don't think he hates the music (except dissonances) as much as he doesn't like that it takes attention away from him. So he barked while I practice. He likes to bark in no apparent rhythm so that it will mess me up.

Then they got pills. Then Merlin sat in the kitchen and barked for about an hour to complain that he hadn't also had all the biscuits.

Finally I took him out alone for a short walk (very short as we met Jennifer, her sister, and Kane and stopped to chat. They thought Merlin was a very sweet, well-behaved dog! He demonstrated his increasing disability but didn't bark and was, in fact, very sweet. Now he is lying on the bedroom floor barking again.

Life with Merlin!

No comments: