Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good and bad

Merlin had a seizure tonight, second one since we got back from Christmas, only 10 days apart. Definite aura preceding it (if dogs have auras) but I wasn't quick enough to jump up and give him a Valium- I'm not sure it would have acted fast enough, anyway. The seizure was different, less of the bicycling and more shaking, but he snapped out of it just the same as usual, and ravenous. Sometimes I wonder if the hunger center of his brain is stimulated by the seizure.

The good is that I got him Paw Pads, and he can walk on the kitchen floor without slipping. They are like little corn pads but non-skid and go on the pads of his feet. They stayed through the rain today. He's still very weak in back. I would do PT like Lila does with Jack but because of Merlin's arthritis I don't like to do anything that might make him hurt.

He' still doing well walking in a straight line, even trotting.

No comments: