Thursday, March 26, 2009

Good days, bad days

Merlin had a couple of very good days earlier this week. He walked 1 1/4 blocks on his own, and walked around the house, not knuckling. Then yesterday morning he was back to knuckling. It seems to have a lot to do with how weak his "good" leg is. (The right is weaker, the left knuckles more.)

He had a very bad night last night. His anti-seizure meds make him hungry and he kept crying for food. (I know that is why as he sits by the food and stares at it.) When he finally stopped doing that, he had to go out, and then he barks to come in, but it was 6 am and after letting him in I was still exhausted and went back to bed for an hour. If I let him eat when he's hungry, he'll weigh too much to be lifted, and I frequently have to lift him. (Candy can climb our hill in his cart but Merlin can't.)

Listening to him last night I was glad I opted out of the family cruise in June- no way can I leave him alone at night or with someone else. Tonight he gets an antihistamine to help him sleep.

I got him a bike trailer but am taking it back- the front window is too high for a corgi who can't sit up (as eventually will be the case.)

No comments: